CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

problems

    Date: Wed, 9 Jan 91 09:28:27 +0100
    From: Rainer Koenig <koenig@is.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>

    Machine: Sun Sparcstation

    Operating System: SunOS4.1
		      X11R4

    We have the following products (Packing Slip No. 3765):

    1. Allegro CL, Allegro Common Windows & Allegro Composer
       Release       3.1.13.1
       Serial Number 21-943-100

    2. CLIM
       Serial Number 939F3704

    Our problems are:

    1. CLIM and the Allegro Composer can`t be loaded together.
       I have the impression that there are problems with the PCL.
       Please send us an installation description, so that we can use both
       packages together, that's why we bought them.

It may be the case that CLIM will work with the version of PCL which
comes with Composer (the Franz people tell me that the difference
between the two PCLs is that the CLIM version is more heavily
optimized).  You can try returning from the call to ERROR which happens
during loading CLIM (saying that "CLIM requires New Caching PCL") to see
whether it works, but it may be that we would need to compile CLIM using
the old PCL in order to have it work.

    2. When we load our application into an image with Allegro CL and the PCL,
       all works well.  When we load our application into a CLIM-image
       an error occurs:  bus error number 10.

This is too hard to diagnose without a backtrace, and even then it might
not be easy.  Does this occur during loading or when you first try to
run your application?  Also, there is a patch to Allegro 3.1.13 which
may be related, whose number I don't recall; it was supposed to fix
certain errors of this form.  Please send a copy of the transcript of a
session in which this happens, including the output of ":ZOOM :COUNT
99999 :ALL T" to Bug-CLIM@ILA.COM and Bugs@Franz.COM.  We may also need
a copy of the relevant parts of your application.

0,,