CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Non tiled panes in application frames - Some advice ??

    Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1991 07:07 EDT
    From: Schneider Daniel <schneide@divsun.unige.ch>

    I want to use a non-standard layout, i.e. non-tiled panes in a
    application frame using CLIM 1.0 with Franz ACL 4.1Beta.

    I came up with a solution using only standard clim functions.  I use
    "open-window-stream" to create the "free" panes within a clim pane and
    I use draw functions to paint labels. Those window streams are bound to
    frame state variables. Is there some smarter way of doing what I did,
    besides writing more abstract code ?

In CLIM 1.0, this is about the best you can do.  CLIM 2.0 will be more
powerful in this regard.

    I put the code in our anonymous ftp:

			pub/clim/task.lisp
			129.194.17.54     (= un2sun38.unige.ch)

    If some friendly CLIM guru could look at this code and give me some
    critique, I'd be very glad! Of course, this code is for everyone who
    wants it.

				      - Daniel

    Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
    Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,
    1211 Geneva 4 (Switzerland), Tel.(..41)22 705 7652, Fax. (..41) 22 20 29 27.

    Internet:   schneide@divsun.unige.ch  (and various national nets)    | if reply
    CSnet/ARPA: schneide%divsun.unige.ch@relay.cs.net   (old style)      | does not
    X400:       S=schneide;OU=divsun;O=unige;PRMD=switch;ADMD=arcom;C=ch | work,
    uucp:       mcvax!cui!divsun.unige.ch!shneider                       | try one
    BITNET:     schneide@cgeuge51                                        | of
    DECNET:     UGUN2A::SCHNEIDE (local Swiss)                           | these

0,,