CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

*application-frame* binding inside an accepting-values

    Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 07:54 EST
    From: Markus Fischer <mf@feldberg.sger.dialnet.symbolics.com>

    The following refers to
     CLIM                           27.5  (ECO level 1)
     CLIM Demo                      27.0
     CLIM Documentation             31.0
    as shipped with Genera 8.1.1

    I noticed that the special variable *application-frame* inside
    an accepting-values, which itself is an application frame, is bound to
    this application. This only becomes visible, when being also inside an accept method.
    Example:
    (define-presentation-type dummy ())
    (define-presentation-method accept ((type dummy) stream (view textual-view) &key)
      (print *application-frame* stream))
    (accepting-values () (accept 'dummy :default NIL))

    However, I doubt that this is the right way, because it should be invisble
    to the clim user that avv is a separate application.

    The real problem is, that I cannot access MY application frame via
    *application-frame* anymore when I'm inside such an accept method nested in an AVV.

    Should this be corrected, or is this already corrected?

This is already fixed in the development version of CLIM 1.x

Canned message: I don't know when the fixes to CLIM 1.0 will appear
in the field.  Each vendor has their own set of release schedules and
constraints.

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index