CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

quickie clim question

    Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1992 11:34 EST
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    Does clim 1.0 allow you to dynamically change the scroll bar
    attributes of a pane in an application frame from having just a
    vertical scroll bar in the margin to both vertical and horizontal
    scroll bars in the margins and then back to just a vertical scroll
    bar for that pane?  If so, any examples.  I need this capability for
    my interactor pane.

Unfortunately, CLIM 1.0 is seriously weak in this area.  If you are
truly desperate, you could do it in a way that would vary from one
platform to another, by frobbing the underlying host window yourself.

    Or, if you can't do that can you have application with multiple
    layouts in which you change from one interactor pane to another?  If
    so, is there anything special I need to worry about besides binding
    my own stream variables?

This alternative will work.