CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oversized Formatting-Tables in scrollable panes

    Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 08:57 EST
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    First, thanks for the help and hints on the use of formatting-tables within
    accepting-values. Now for my next question.  This concerns the operation of
    scrollable panes within the application.  In my particular case I have
    instances in which I generate a huge editor using accepting-values on my
    data objects.  This sometimes includes such things as the formatting-tables.
    Assuming the pane for accepting-values operation is scrollable in both
    directions, how to I keep the pane positioned at its origin when my accepts within
    accepting values goes beyond the panes displayable dimensions? I know I
    can always reposition the viewport position, but it is a little tacky that the
    presentations force the scrolling to the extents of the tables and other accept operations.
    Is there a simple form or pane variable I can set to keep the
    pane positioned at its viewport origin even when the accepting-values goes
    beyond its viewable limits?

Read the documentation on WITH-END-OF-LINE-ACTION and WITH-END-OF-PAGE-ACTION.