CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

type-ahead in CLIM

    Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1992 17:36 EST
    From: Peter Karp <pkarp@ai.sri.com>

    CLIM does not seem to have particularly good type-ahead capabilities.
    Example: I've defined four application commands, each of which scrolls
    a pane of my application in a different direction.  Each command is
    accessible through a different keystroke accelerator.  CLIM is not
    able to queue up multiple such commands.  If, for example, I hit
    #\control-meta-U (which means scroll up) twice in a row, and the
    second keystroke occurs during the first scrolling, the second keystroke
    is ignored, i.e., the screen is only scrolled once.

    This is pretty annoying, and is more annoying in some other contexts.

    Are you aware of this problem, and is a fix possible?

I cannot reproduce this problem.  I see nothing in CLIM that would cause
it to be a problem.

I have no way of telling for sure since you did not say what platform(s)
you are using.