CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Running CLIM on Garnet's Motif widgets

    Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1992 17:35 EST
    From: lgm@iexist.att.com

    CLIM 2.0 will reportedly simplify the interface between CLIM and
    platform-dependent toolkits such as Motif's.  The Garnet software
    available from CMU includes (among many other things) a Motif widget set
    written in Common Lisp on top of CLX.  Has anyone, user or vendor,
    considered implementing a Motif back end for CLIM 2.0 using Garnet?

Not to my knowledge.  I would guess that it is unlikely that any vendor
will do this, since it is hard to justify economically.

    My own personal interest is in writing a CLIM program on a Symbolics
    Lisp Machine that projects--onto a dumb X graphics server, such as an X
    terminal--a user interface with a Motif look and feel.  (Symbolics CLIM
    currently projects a Symbolics Genera look and feel, using CLX
    directly.)  Symbolics Genera already includes CLX, and I am presuming
    that porting Garnet to Symbolics would not be too difficult.  Thus, what
    I would need is a connection between CLIM and Garnet.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index