CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to know when scrolling occurs?

    Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1992 17:07+0100
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@sapsucker.scrc.symbolics.com>

	Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1992 00:08 EST
	From: robert futrelle <futrell@corwin.ccs.northeastern.edu>

	Richard Billington raised an issue that has also been a
	problem for us.  In one application we have two panes
	that have related material, so that when one is scrolled
	we'd like to know, so we can keep the other in sync.

	It seems to me that many systems might have the same
	general design goal, so we need this.

	Does anyone know how to monitor and react to scrolling?
	Just how deeply into CLIM do we have to get and how
	different might this be on different platforms?
	What I'm suggesting is that it be a standardized and
	advertised capability of all CLIM implementations.

    For CLIM 1.0, you can create your own class of window and specialize
    WINDOW-SET-VIEWPORT-POSITION*.  It is simple enough to do this that I
    don't think CLIM requires any special support.

Given that WINDOW-SET-VIEWPORT-POSITION* is a generic function, you needn't even
create your own class. I would just add an :after method including the control code
you have in mind to keep things sync.

    CLIM 2.0 will support some sort of similar trick, although I am not sure
    today exactly what it will look like.