CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More about OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM

      I'm using CLIM 1.0 beta on a Sun 4 and the problem that I've been having
is that when I call the following code:

    (setf root-window
          (clim:open-window-stream :parent *clim-root*
                                   :save-under t
                                   :left 40
	                           :top 80
                                   :width 200
                                   :height 200))
    (clim:window-expose root-window)
    (clim:window-visibility root-window)

    is that the window appears in an outline and I have to click the mouse
at the place that I want to put the window on the screen.  What I'd rather
have happen is that the window appears on the screen with its upper
left corner appearing at the specified (left, top) coordinate.  Does anyone
know if this is possible, or is it because I have 1.0 beta?
    Also, I'm using Mit XR5 with the twm window manager.

    Thanks,

       Erik Eilerts
       University of Texas at Austin
       eilerts@cs.utexas.edu