CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More about OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM

I for one wish that I did not have to deal with the window managers at
all.  I want to be able to specify at the CLIM level where and how a
window appears, both for application windows and popup menus.  CLIM
should insulate us from the variability at the window manager level.
If window placement can be set by the user interactively, randomly
set, or determined by the application, these options should all exist
at the CLIM level so the programmer can specify exactly what they want
in one way that ensures that the behavior of the application does not
change when it runs under a different window manager.  For example, I
use olwm and I cannot see any of its options that correspond to the
suggested mod to .twmrc.  I don't want to have to waste my time
dealing with the window managers.

Is this possible technically?  How about adding this to CLIM?

Peter