CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

button-release

    Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 00:53 PDT
    From: Stefan Bernemann <berni@iml.fhg.de>

	Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1992 22:05 MEST
	From: "William M. York" <York%chuck-jones.west.dialnet.ila.com@fhg.de>

	    Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1992 00:38 PDT
	    From: Hallvard.Tretteberg@si.no

	    Hi, I'm still using CLIM 1.0 with MCL 2.0 (both beta).

	    I'm tracking the pointer with clim:tracking-pointer and don't seem to
	    get the :pointer-button-release event, i.e. the
	    :pointer-button-release clause is never run.

	    Is this a known bug, is there a known way around or a bug-fix? Is
	    there a trick I have forgotten or should I look again for a stupid bug
	    in my own code?

	It is a bug in MCL CLIM.  I have a fix, which I will send you
	under separate cover.

    We are also using CLIM 1.0 with MCL 2.0 (beta) and need a fix.

I'll send it along.

    My question concerning this CLIM Mailing list:

    We are using CLIM on the Symbolics, on Mac on SUN (under Lucid CL).
    I'm not aware of any patches sent around so far. Are there any procedures
    set up for distribution patches (vendor specific, public file servers, ...)?
    If not, could that be done or do I always have to wait for
    major / minor release updates for bug fixes?

Due to the different release schedules and software maintenance
policies of the various CLIM vendors, you have to deal with each
vendor in order to get updates and bug-fix patches.  Most of
vendors are either now shipping or about to ship CLIM 1.1, which
contains many bug fixes generated due to customer feedback from
the initial CLIM 1.0 release.