CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to influence command line arguments help facility

Hi,

I'm in the CLIM 1.0 world.

I've notice in my commands the following operation.  It works fine but I wish
to change the accept help on args within my application commands illustrated
by the following example.  Assuming that the argument(s) in the command are
completion, member and other one-of and some-of presentation types.  With the
prompt for that argument displayed if you use control-? to get the
possibilities in which you can select on. You get redundant information
outputted as part of the help.  (Example below)

(define-application-command com-retrieve-list-member :name t)
     (ele '(member 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)) ele)

In the interactor pane you do:

COMMAND>Retrieve List Member (ele) <cntrl-?>    ;you get the following

You are being asked to enter one of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10.
The possible completions are:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Retrieve List Member (ele) ;at this point either you enter or click on the
above mouse sensitive items.  This works fine, but my question is ...

Is there a way to eliminate the sentence "You are being asked
to enter one of ..." from the accept help for an argument within a command.
The reason I ask this is some of my presentations of this type within my
command line have many possibilities (upto 100) which the help obliging
outputs them twice.  I only one the help to output "The possible completions
are: ..." part.  Is there a way to influence this in command line arguments?
I notice the with-accept-help form, but I'm not sure this will help in this
particular case.