CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to influence command line arguments help facility

    Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 08:24 PDT
    From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

    I've notice in my commands the following operation.  It works fine but I wish
    to change the accept help on args within my application commands illustrated
    by the following example.  Assuming that the argument(s) in the command are
    completion, member and other one-of and some-of presentation types.  With the
    prompt for that argument displayed if you use control-? to get the
    possibilities in which you can select on. You get redundant information
    outputted as part of the help.  (Example below)

You want to use the :DESCRIPTION option in your presentation type
specifications for the command arguments.  Try:

(accept '((member 1 2 4 8 16 32) :description "power of two")
	:stream win)

for an example.