CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Style and Design question about presentations

Scott, et al.

Thanks for your response.  This is what I was working towards when I
got your message:

	;;; Display routines for PPs
	;;;
	(defclass kat-display-view (clim:dialog-view) ())

	(defvar +kat-display-view+ (make-instance 'kat-display-view))

	;;; present in my view
	(clim:define-presentation-method clim:present
	    (self (type progress-profile) stream (view kat-display-view) &key)
		  (clim:with-output-as-presentation
	           (:object self :stream stream :single-box t)
	    		(kat-display self stream))
	  )

"progress-profile" is a class from the other application
"kat" is my system

I.e., at least I was on the right track (even down to the plus signs
:).  One thing I'm not sure I understand about your example -- is there
any reason I need to define a new pres-type?  It doesn't seem
necessary.  I should be able to define new clim:present methods with a
different view without otherwise interfering with the old presentation
type.

Jeff

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index