CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[spr6315] menu-choose inside an accept-values-command-button

    Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1992 16:20 EDT
    From: abbott@aero.org

    This is in response to a reply from Franz to a request for help with an
    CLIM error message.  You can skip to the code at the end and not lose
    anything important.

    | > I get the following error message.
    | >
    | >   Error: The unique-id (:BUTTON "") was used in more than one UPDATING-OUTPUT at the same level.
    |
    | This probably is happening because you have two accepts or
    | accept-values-command-buttons that accepting-values cannot tell apart.  IE:
    | they have the same query-identifier.  Every accept must have a unique
    | query-identifier.
    |
    | The query-identifier, if not specified for each accept or accept-values-command-
    | button, is gotten from the prompt.  So if you have two accepts with the
    | same prompt, you'll need to supply explicit :query-identifier arguments
    | so that accepting-values can tell them apart.
    |
    | Let us know if this doesn't solve the problem for you.
    |
    | 	-- John

    This doesn't solve my problem.  Here is some example code that generates
    the error message.

     (defun test (Ttl)
	(accept-values-command-button (W)
	 Ttl))

    Generate a window W.  Then:

     (accepting-values (W)
	    (window-clear W)
	    (test 1)
	    (test 2))

This code does not do what JDI suggested.  The two command buttons have
the same query id.  You need to either (1) specify different prompts for
the buttons, (2) specify different documentation for the buttons, or (3)
explicitly specify different query indentifiers for the two command buttons.