CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: updating-output and recursive use of formatting-graph-from-root

    Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1992 21:14 MEST
    From: jclose%chesapeake.ads.com@fhg.de (Jeff Close)

    Stefan,

    In your example:
    [...]

    It looks like you're trying to call format-graph-from-root
    recursively, which I don't believe you want.  In effect, you are

Hm, I *want* to display trees where individual subtrees can be
incrementally redisplayed. But yes, in this try I indeed call f-g-f-r
recursively so that every subtree (the whole tree output record, not
just the presentation of the node) is captured by an
updating-output-record.

    giving format-graph-from-root the form to create a whole subtree where
    it only wants the form to draw one node of the tree.  I think you may
    accomplish what you want by giving a single-node drawing form to
    f-g-f-r as the printer, with that form including an updating-output
    and an output-record producing form (like a presentation). Your code

That's what I've tried before (see my previous posting for a complete
code example) but the incremental redisplay didn't manage to "move"
otherwise unaffected subtrees - maybe because just the presentations of
the nodes are captured inside of updating-output, not the output record
of a whole (sub)tree.

    is trying to draw the tree itself, which frmat-.. already does.

    Or, I could be totally off on this.
    Jeff

I'm wondering
- How to implement the behavior I want
- Wy my code runs into an infinite loop, i.e. is there a bug in my code,
  is there a bug in CLIM or is there something missing in the
  documentation forbidding what I'm doing (calling f-g-f-r recursively
  or using it together with updating-output) or have I overlooked it in
  the docs (But then I overlooked it many times!)

Stefan B.