CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Strange (to me) behavior with define-command

   If an instance of class B is presented, then which command is accessible by
   the :edit gesture depends on the order that the commands are defined.  If
   edit-A is defined first, then edit-B is never accessible.  If edit-B is
   defined first, then everything is OK.

   It doesn't explicitly say so in the documentation, but I would (and did)
   assume that the translator for the most specific presentation type would be
   accessible before any others.  I can always explicitly define the
   translators manually with the right priority values, or use a tester for
   edit-A to make sure that the objects are not B's, but I think this
   should be handled automatically.  Comments?

Randy,

I had exactly the same behavior in some of my code.  I had explicitly
defined presentation translators, though.  I didn't ask about it at
the time, and I solved it by doing what you described -- using type
testers in the translators.   Anyone have a  comment about why this is
necessary?

jffry

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index