CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Repairing damaged application panes

    Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 12:40 EDT
    From: peter c halverson <halvers@sol.crd.ge.com>

    We've got an application frame with several graphics panes whose :RECORD-P
    and :INCREMENTAL-REDISPLAY are both NIL (since the overhead in going
    through output recording is currently soooooo slow that it's actually
    faster to redraw everything every refresh cycle).

    Unfortunately, when the application frame is obscured or iconified and
    subsequently re-exposed, these panes are not refreshed correctly.  Similar
    problems also result from changing configurations---panes are not always
    redrawn in the new configuration.

    So, does anyone know why my display-function isn't being called as part of
    the exposure event handling, or what the appropriate approach should be?

Question: does everybody think that display functions should be called
as part of exposure and refresh event handling?  I can argue both ways.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index