CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DW->CLIM question

    Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 19:57 EDT
    From: Jim Sims <sims@starbase.mitre.org>

     I have an implemenation of sliders used to set global values, that are
    linked together by arbitrary formulae. In my old DW code, I used a
    presentation action to call a method so that while the user held down the
    left button, the "knob" of the slider would track the mouse up and down,
    setting the value of the affected variable (and all the others linked to it
    by formulae).

     It seems to work OK under CLIM, except that new presentations dont get
    drawn for the "knob". Under DW, I used the following snippet inside the
    method that tracks the mouse motion. How do I get the effect of the
    :with-normal-presentation-state in CLIM?

			  ;;Output recording is disabled inside translators.
			  ;;(scl:send window :with-normal-presentation-state
			  ;;	#'(lambda() (update-slider s window))))

    Also, the old (original) presentation seems to no longer exist either... Do
    I need to do something like remove-output-record on it to get rid of it or
    is it really gone?

    thanks,
    jim
    (sims@starbase.mitre.org)

By the way, CLIM 2.0 will support sliders "natively", even for moldy
old Genera.  And if you want to roll your own, it will be easier to
use the "son of Silica" substrate.  So at least this problem will go
away for you.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index