CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

output records and presentations

I'm converting a dw application to clim, genera 8.1 clim 1.1, and I'm having a
problem with changing the display.  I represent an object as a text string with
an outline rectangle around it.   The length of the string can change depending
upon the underlying state of the object.  Under dw I used erase-displayed-
presentation in a before method associated with the display method for the
object.  This erased the old display prior to drawing the new display.

Question whats the right way to do this in clim?

I tried using erase-output-record on the presentation but it turns out that
the presentation is not a displayed-output-record-element.  It is an output-record though.  The parent of the objects presentation is the history record.
I don't understand how the presentation can not be a displayed-output-record
element since the objects display is on the screen and mouse sensitive.

Thanks of any help.

By the way i strongly recommend that a manual of example translations be
published showing how to go from dw to clim.  It'd make porting, and hence
using symbolics machines as development platforms, a lot easier.