CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2.0

    Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1992 14:15-0000
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

	Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1992 07:25 EDT
	From: "John C. Mallery" <jcma@reagan.ai.mit.edu>

	Does anyone have a document lying around that details the differences between
	CLIM 1.1 and 2.0 that they could forward to me?

    One of the appendices of the CLIM 2.0 spec describes the incompatibilities
    between CLIM 1.0/1.1 and CLIM 2.0.  The other main difference is that CLIM
    2.0 uses a different window and event management model so that "native"
    gadgets can be properly supported.  Also, a lot of bugs have been fixed.

    Presently, CLIM 2.0 runs on Franz Allegro using Motif and OpenLook and on
    Genera and raw CLX using a bunch of home-grown gadgets.  Lucid is working
    on an OpenLook (I think) for for LCL, and will be distributing a version
    for MCL 2.0.  Symbolics will also be doing a Windows implementation
    running under Cloe.

What sort of Cloe?

0,,