CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reuse of windows

    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 07:27 EDT
    From: Hallvard.Tretteberg@si.no

    Hi CLIMers,

    I'm using the value of clim:*partial-command-parser* to read
    unsupplied command arguments. The stream argument I give is a newly
    created window, which I close when the partial command parser
    returns. This works fine on my Mac but not on my partners Sun running
    Allegro CL. I believe he has CLIM 1.1.

    The problem is that the closed window stream mysteriously reappears
    inside a clim:tracking-pointer, i.e. when running a
    clim:tracking-pointer form we get an error because the stream (window)
    argument is closed window. We never gave the closed window as the
    stream argument, so I wonder how it got there. It looks like CLIM
    reuses the closed window for some reason and then blows up since the
    window is closed. I don't believe it's my fault since it works on my
    platform (Mac 2.0/CLIM 1.0 (both beta)).

    Any comments, suggestions?

Don't close the window.  Just bury it.

0,,