CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: help for editing text.

  Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1992 12:02-0400
  From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

      Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1992 09:22 EDT
      From: Jeff Morrill <jmorrill@BBN.COM>

      I was trying to modify your code below to accept multi-line input.
      In theory, changing the activation character from #\newline to
      something like #\control-d should work, right?  Well, it let
      me enter multiple lines, but control-d was ignored.  Any clues?

  This works for me in CLIM 2.0.  It should be easy for you to hack it
  for CLIM 1.1 (I hope!)

Well, this is essentially the same as the code that jga posted, though
some kludgery that was necessary for clim 1 appears unnecessary for clim 2
(yeah!).  I have not seen this before:

  (with-activation-gestures ('(:end) :override t)
    ...)

What is the :END gesture?  I don't have one of those on my keyboard.

I noticed after I sent my message, however, that this works (in part):

  (with-activation-characters ('(#\control-d #\control-\d) :override t)
     ...)

Although control-d does not activate, control-shift-d does.

I guess my real question was: why doesn't control-d work as an activation
character in clim 1.1?  My theory is that you can't use characters that
are also input editor command accelerators.

I hope that clim 2 does not exhibit this problem.
I don't want a clim 1 bug fix because I have my workaround now.

jeff

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index