CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

help for editing text.

   Date: Mon, 28 Sep 92 13:12:19 -0400
   From: Jeff Morrill <jmorrill@BBN.COM>

   I noticed after I sent my message, however, that this works (in part):

     (with-activation-characters ('(#\control-d #\control-\d) :override t)
	...)

   Although control-d does not activate, control-shift-d does.

   I guess my real question was: why doesn't control-d work as an activation
   character in clim 1.1?  My theory is that you can't use characters that
   are also input editor command accelerators.

Well, conflicts have to be resolved somehow.  I was about to say that
I thought that it was reasonable for editing commands to take
precedence and send along some code to remove a conflicting input
editor command when I noticed that my sources show an explicit check
for activation-character-ness in the input editing stuff.  I tried
your example and the control-d worked as an activation character.  So,
I'm a bit confused.

I would be interested in the trace output from the following:

(trace clim::interactive-stream-process-gesture)

(with-activation-characters ('( #\control-\d) :override t)
  (accept 'integer :stream win))

<type a control-d>

I get the following, signifying that the input editor declined to
handle the control-d, allowing the activation processing to work.

1 Enter CLIM::INTERACTIVE-STREAM-PROCESS-GESTURE #<Input-Editing-Stream #X175B356> #\Control-\d NIL
1 Exit CLIM::INTERACTIVE-STREAM-PROCESS-GESTURE #\Control-\d NIL

Contrast with control-a, which gets swallowed:

1 Enter CLIM::INTERACTIVE-STREAM-PROCESS-GESTURE #<Input-Editing-Stream #X175B356> #\Control-\a NIL
1 Exit CLIM::INTERACTIVE-STREAM-PROCESS-GESTURE NIL

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index