CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

scroll-bars

   Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 09:47:03 EDT
   From: chyde@chesapeake.ads.com (Clinton Hyde)

   interesting message by you on the panes. gotta check that
   out--presumably that could equate to 'floating windows' ?

This reminded me that I wanted to point out that you can use
open-window-stream independent of the application frame mechanism
entirely.  For example, you could have an application that just
created a window (with a :parent of the root window), popped it up,
and then did PRESENT or ACCEPT or even READ-COMMAND on it.  Various
user interactions could then trigger the creation of other windows to
display associated information, etc.  This gives you the "messy
desktop" application window metaphor.

0,,