CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

medium-text-style

   Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 13:15:01 +0100
   From: Oliver Christ <oli%adler.ims.uni-stuttgart.de@lucid.com>

   [Allegro 4.1 w/ CLIM 1.1 on Sparc]

   (clim:medium-text-style *standard-output*) yields a text style object with
     size NIL
     face NIL
     family NIL

   when called within the lisp listener of the CLIM demo package. I think it's only
   bad defaulting, but this result makes no sense in my eyes, since there is a
   standard text style assigned to the stream (otherwise, text output wouldn't make
   sense).

The MEDIUM-TEXT-STYLE holds the current user-supplied text style.  It
gets merged against the default text style to actually produce the
style for display.

For example:

> (with-text-face (:bold win)
    (medium-text-style win))
#<CLIM::TEXT-STYLE NIL.:BOLD.NIL 15BF27E>

You can find the default text style with MEDIUM-DEFAULT-TEXT-STYLE

> (medium-default-text-style win)
#<CLIM::TEXT-STYLE :FIX.:ROMAN.:NORMAL C2C096>

You can also find the current "merged" text style (i.e. the
user-supplied style merged against the default) with
STREAM-MERGED-TEXT-STYLE.

> (with-text-face (:bold win)
    (stream-merged-text-style win))
#<CLIM::TEXT-STYLE :FIX.:BOLD.:NORMAL 15CA4F6>

0,,