CLIM mail archive
clim 1.1 questions
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1992 02:51+0100
From: Fredric M White <fwhite@BBN.COM>
I've just started using clim 1.1, and I must say it's much nicer than 1.0 was.
But I've run into a few problems that maybe some of you climmers out there
have already solved.
- Scrolling a partially occluded CLIM window seems to leave behind blank areas.
Looks like allow-graphics-exposures needs to be set down in xlib or something.
I noticed the problem on Genera, when scrolling from left to right or vice versa
some blank vertical area (up to 8 pixels wide or so, and the whole window in height)
are left on the screen. Is it that what you have in mind?
Please contact again, if so. I've written a patch for that.
- How to notice when a window is iconified or deiconified.
- How to open a window stream with :edges-from :mouse.
- How to destroy a toplevel window. Deleting a window from twm causes all sorts of
nasty things to happen.
- How to disable the right click menu on a command menu item (where the only entry in the
popmenu is the solitary command).
We hate that one, too. Look at the variable clim::*presentation-menu-translator*, it contains
the translator that is responsible for that behavior.
Don't set it to NIL, then you will run into trouble. Set it to a translator that does nothing
or that is never applicable.
Markus Fischer, MF@SGER.UUCP Mergenthalerallee 77-81
Consulting Services W-6236 Eschborn, Germany
Symbolics Systemhaus GmbH Phone: +49 6196 47220, Fax 481116
Main Index |