CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Accepting values and commands.

| Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1992 11:55-0400
| From: Scott McKay <SWM@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
|
|     Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1992 17:58 EDT
|     From: Brian Anderson <bha@atc.boeing.com>
|
|     CLIM 1.1
|     ACL 4.1
|     SunOS 4.1.1
|
|     Is there a way to construct an accepting-values dialog to supply the
|     required/optional arguments of a command?  What I have in mind is
|     something like what Genera/DW used to do for Meta-Complete (that was
|     strictly for completion and would be interesting to know how to do on
|     ACL also).  I want to pass the name of a command, a command table (and
|     whatever else) and have an accepting values dialog be put up for the
|     commands arguments.
|
| Actually, CLIM *does* support meta-Complete to fill in a command dialog.
| Here is the magic parameter, which you can extend to include something
| more useful for ACL:
|
| (in-package :clim)
| (defparameter *command-previewers* '(#+Genera #\m-Complete))

Great.  That works.  But can I programatically call something that
does the same thing?  I want to have a command that is executed from a
menu item.  This commands task is to put up a command dialog for a
specific command (as a command previewer would).  I just need to know
how to call the command previewer knowing the name of the command and
command table.

0,,

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index