CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Recycle discarded output-records

   Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 11:49:49 PPE
   From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

   I'm presently in CLIM 1.1. In my application I generate new linear-output-
   records manually within the with-output-to-output-record form and add-output-
   record-element to my pane's history. To keep my display speed up I discard them and generate new ones whenever I rescale my display or pan it around. I only
   generate those records that are visible in the pane. Has anybody played with
   the idea of reusing old output-records that have been ripped out of the
   history?

While output record re-use is something that I always wanted CLIM to
support, it is non-trivial with the current CLIM output record
modularity.

0,,

Main Index | Thread Index