CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ordered-menu-items

    Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 11:19 EST
    From: Jeff Close <nrb!jclose@relay.eu.net>

       Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1992 11:07+0200
       From: Vincent Keunen <nrb!keunen@relay.eu.net>

	   Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1992 20:05+0200
	   From: Brian Anderson <bha@atc.boeing.com>
       Then in your code, you just look for that option and present the item as
       either 'clim::menu-item or as 'clim::string (CLIM gods: isn't there
       something better than this?  String will usually be ok, but i would have
       preferred a clim::non-sensitive-presentation-type, which is different
       from 'null because null prints as "None", which is not what I want.  Did
       I miss something?).

I don't think you missed anything.

In CLIM 2.0, there is an (unexported) output record class called
STANDARD-NONSENSITIVE-PRESENTATION, which is used to implement
:ALLOW-SENSITIVE-INFERIORS NIL.  You could use the :RECORD-TYPE
argument to WITH-OUTPUT-AS-PRESENTATION to get this.

    How about presenting it as clim:blank-area?  Then it would behave like
    the background.  Or am I missing something too? :)

I wouldn't use BLANK-AREA for this, although it might work.
BLANK-AREA is in some ways a magic presentation type.  It has to
be handled specially.

    jclose@ads.com: ADS BA&H/1953 Gallows Rd #600/Vienna, VA 22182 703-902-7150

    Anarchists don't believe in rules.  Surrealists make up their own.

0,,