CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

scaling problem

    Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1992 10:21 EST
    From: Tom Trinko <Tom_Trinko@qm.is.lmsc.lockheed.com>

    Symbolics 8.1.1 CLIM 1.1
    I'm trying to scale a display but I'm having problems.  I put a with-scaling
    form around
    the code which draws the display.   That properly scales lines and shapes but
    it doesn't seem
    to effect text.  I realize that the text size doesn't scale but the text
    placement doesn't seem
    to scale either which is a problem.  Here's an outline of what I'm doing

WRITE-STRING is defined not to be affected by the medium's transformation.
DRAW-TEXT[*] is defined to be affected by the transformation, but this is
not necessarily implemented on every platform.  If you want to "scale" the
text size, use WITH-TEXT-SIZE and scale the point size appropriately.

    (defmethod display-self
	(with-scaling (stream  .9)
	 (loop over objects to display
	  (present object))))

    in the present for the objects the code looks like
       (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink newink)
	(draw-circle*
	(surrounding-text-with-border
	  (with-text-style
	      (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink specific-ink)    ;;this is here
    because in the real

	      ;; program the ink used is

	      ;; dependent upon a parameter
		(format stream "~a" string))))

    the circles position is properly scaled but the text and its border doesn't
    move no matter
    what I set the scale value to.  Am I missing something?  Is there a cure?

    By the way whats the status of the Symbolics CLIM 2.0?

It's being released with Genera 8.3, which is coming out in the spring.
If you are desperate, I can get a Beta copy to you, but it lacks amenities
such as proper documentation.

0,,