CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

scaling problem

Symbolics 8.1.1 CLIM 1.1
I'm trying to scale a display but I'm having problems.  I put a with-scaling
form around
the code which draws the display.   That properly scales lines and shapes but
it doesn't seem
to effect text.  I realize that the text size doesn't scale but the text
placement doesn't seem
to scale either which is a problem.  Here's an outline of what I'm doing

(defmethod display-self
    (with-scaling (stream  .9)
     (loop over objects to display
      (present object))))

in the present for the objects the code looks like
   (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink newink)
    (draw-circle*
    (surrounding-text-with-border
      (with-text-style
          (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink specific-ink)    ;;this is here
because in the real

          ;; program the ink used is

          ;; dependent upon a parameter
            (format stream "~a" string))))

the circles position is properly scaled but the text and its border doesn't
move no matter
what I set the scale value to.  Am I missing something?  Is there a cure?
Thanks for any help.
By the way whats the status of the Symbolics CLIM 2.0?

0,,