CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: scaling problem

I complained about this a few months ago within the context of a
with-output-to-postscript-stream and using format-graph-from-root,
but the clim gods had no mercy. I think the placement of regular
text fonts ought to transform even if the font itself does not, but
at the time I was complaining about I didn't hear anybody else's
support so I just gave up pursuing the issue.

 --------
Cordially,
 Gregory M. Whittaker,		 The MITRE Corporation
				 Center for Advanced Aviation
				    System Development
Internet: greg@mitre.org	 7525 Colshire Drive
   Phone: (703) 883-5549	 McLean Virginia 22102-3481
     FAX: (703) 883-1226	 Mail Stop: W291

> From Tom_Trinko%qm.is.lmsc.lockheed.com@BBN.COM Wed Nov 18 11:23:22 1992
> Posted-From: The MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA
> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1992 07:21:39 -0800
> From: Tom Trinko <Tom_Trinko@qm.is.lmsc.lockheed.com>
> Subject: scaling problem
> To: internet aclim-request <clim@BBN.COM>
>
> Symbolics 8.1.1 CLIM 1.1
> I'm trying to scale a display but I'm having problems.  I put a with-scaling
> form around
> the code which draws the display.   That properly scales lines and shapes but
> it doesn't seem
> to effect text.  I realize that the text size doesn't scale but the text
> placement doesn't seem
> to scale either which is a problem.  Here's an outline of what I'm doing
>
> (defmethod display-self
>     (with-scaling (stream  .9)
>      (loop over objects to display
>       (present object))))
>
> in the present for the objects the code looks like
>    (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink newink)
>     (draw-circle*
>     (surrounding-text-with-border
>       (with-text-style
>           (with-drawing-options  (stream :ink specific-ink)    ;;this is here
> because in the real
>
>           ;; program the ink used is
>
>           ;; dependent upon a parameter
>             (format stream "~a" string))))
>
> the circles position is properly scaled but the text and its border doesn't
> move no matter
> what I set the scale value to.  Am I missing something?  Is there a cure?
> Thanks for any help.
> By the way whats the status of the Symbolics CLIM 2.0?

0,,