CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

clim frameworks under genera

I have 3 applications:
  nanesse-network-configuration (select-c)
  nanesse-history (select-h)
  nanesse-network-diagnostic (select-a)

I defined them with clim:define-application-frame then used
(clim:define-genera-application nanesse-network-configuration
				:select-key #\c)
plus two others clim:define-genera-application.

I want one application (nanesse-network-configuration) to start-up (in the
background if possible) the 2 other applications.

So in the definition of nanesse-network-configuration, I initialize 2
slots for containing its nanesse-history-framework and its
nanesse-network-diagnostic-framework (I will probably have multiple
instances of nanesse-network-configuration, so I want it to remember
which other two frameworks were created at the same time).

(clim:define-application-frame NANESSE-NETWORK-CONFIGURATION
			  (command-recording-framework-mixin clim:application-frame)
    ((history-framework :initform
			(clim:make-application-frame 'nanesse-history)
			:accessor history-framework)
     (diagnostic-framework :initform
			(clim:make-application-frame 'nanesse-network-diagnostic)
			:accessor diagnostic-framework)

Then I wrote:

(clos:defmethod clim:run-frame-top-level :before
	((the-configuration-frame nanesse-network-configuration))
  (clim:run-frame-top-level (history-framework the-configuration-frame))
  (clim:run-frame-top-level (diagnostic-framework
                                  the-configuration-frame)))

But in Genera 8.1.1 and clim 1.1, when I do a select-c to start-up a
nanesse-network-configuration framework, the process is stopped. The
history framework is started and I guess the second
clim:run-frame-top-level can't be executed until the first app exits.

Is there a way around this?

vk
--
Never trust a pretty header: use keunen@nrb.be to reply