CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

clim frameworks under genera

    Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 11:02 EST
    From: Vincent Keunen <nrb!keunen@relay.EU.net>

    I have 3 applications:
      nanesse-network-configuration (select-c)
      nanesse-history (select-h)
      nanesse-network-diagnostic (select-a)

    I defined them with clim:define-application-frame then used
    (clim:define-genera-application nanesse-network-configuration
				    :select-key #\c)
    plus two others clim:define-genera-application.

    I want one application (nanesse-network-configuration) to start-up (in the
    background if possible) the 2 other applications.

    So in the definition of nanesse-network-configuration, I initialize 2
    slots for containing its nanesse-history-framework and its
    nanesse-network-diagnostic-framework (I will probably have multiple
    instances of nanesse-network-configuration, so I want it to remember
    which other two frameworks were created at the same time).

    (clim:define-application-frame NANESSE-NETWORK-CONFIGURATION
			      (command-recording-framework-mixin clim:application-frame)
	((history-framework :initform
			    (clim:make-application-frame 'nanesse-history)
			    :accessor history-framework)
	 (diagnostic-framework :initform
			    (clim:make-application-frame 'nanesse-network-diagnostic)
			    :accessor diagnostic-framework)

    Then I wrote:

    (clos:defmethod clim:run-frame-top-level :before
	    ((the-configuration-frame nanesse-network-configuration))
      (clim:run-frame-top-level (history-framework the-configuration-frame))
      (clim:run-frame-top-level (diagnostic-framework
				      the-configuration-frame)))

    But in Genera 8.1.1 and clim 1.1, when I do a select-c to start-up a
    nanesse-network-configuration framework, the process is stopped. The
    history framework is started and I guess the second
    clim:run-frame-top-level can't be executed until the first app exits.

For this to work, each frame top level will need to be run in a separate
process.

    Is there a way around this?

    vk
    --