CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

clim frameworks under genera

   Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1992 18:02+0200
   From: Vincent Keunen <nrb!keunen@relay.EU.net>

   I have 3 applications:
     nanesse-network-configuration (select-c)
     nanesse-history (select-h)
     nanesse-network-diagnostic (select-a)

   I want one application (nanesse-network-configuration) to start-up (in the
   background if possible) the 2 other applications.

[ . . . ]

   Then I wrote:

   (clos:defmethod clim:run-frame-top-level :before
	   ((the-configuration-frame nanesse-network-configuration))
     (clim:run-frame-top-level (history-framework the-configuration-frame))
     (clim:run-frame-top-level (diagnostic-framework
				     the-configuration-frame)))

   But in Genera 8.1.1 and clim 1.1, when I do a select-c to start-up a
   nanesse-network-configuration framework, the process is stopped. The
   history framework is started and I guess the second
   clim:run-frame-top-level can't be executed until the first app exits.

If the application frames a independent (other than this "master
remembers the other two" bit) then you can just start up two processes
to run the top levels of the other frames.  Something like:

(clos:defmethod clim:run-frame-top-level :before
  ((the-configuration-frame nanesse-network-configuration))
  (clim-utils::make-process
    #'(lambda ()
	(clim:run-frame-top-level
	  (history-framework the-configuration-frame)))
    :name "history")
  (clim-utils::make-process
    #'(lambda ()
	(clim:run-frame-top-level