CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dynamically changing Formatting-table column and row spacing?

   Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1992 18:04-0500
   From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

       Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1992 17:05 EST
       From: Jeff Close <jclose@chesapeake.ads.com>

       Is there a way to change row and column inter-spacing DURING
       formatting-table, or set it to have different values for specific rows?

   No.  These constraints are in force for the entire table.  I don't think
   this will be changing any time soon, although if you desperately need
   this functionality, you can extend table formatting yourself.  I will
   send you the necessary source code if you really require this, but I
   would urge you to create a subclass of the table formatter, rather than
   changing the existing one.

I would be interested in working with this.  I would definitely opt
for subclassing the formatter (I know better than that, Scott! ;)  I
do need the functionality, though.  What I need is halfway between
writing one myself and building on the rest of formatting-table that I
DO need.   Thanks...

Jeff

0,,