CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

    Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1992 11:04 EST
    From: miller@cs.rochester.edu

    I think just about any widget/ui library will tend to get in your way...
    you need to do things at the CLX level (or lower?), and just bitblit.
    (I'm not an animation expert by any means, but I did try to do second by
    second updating in CLIM/Dynamic Windows and found it tedious (each
    presentation must be erased and then redisplayed) and much too slow...
    frame by frame would be 30*worse).

Note the CLIM 2.0 does support pixmaps and has a COPY-AREA function that
can be used for blt'ing.  With output recording turned off, pixmaps can
be used very efficiently.

0,,