CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: indented-lists.lisp

;;I contributed a Motif-style file chooser to the CLIM 2.0 library this
;;summer, under chooser.lisp, but Jeff's browser looks a bit more
;;sophisticated.
;;
;;Phil Chu
;;Graduate School, Computer Science
;;Johns Hopkins University
;;internet: chu@server.cs.jhu.edu

actually Phil, yours is considerably better, although the other one
does have interesting features about the indenting biz and the
"open/closed" symbol at the left edge.

I just got done testing both of them a few minutes ago. the one I
intend to use is Phil's. I've tweaked it a bit, and it needs one more
major correction about the frame...

;;;****************************************************************

which brings up a different point: to the authors of the spec: in
section 30.4.8, Text-editor Gadget, :width and :height are initargs
taking a number of pixels. I think this should be made similar to
other pane-size specs, allowing '(2 :lines) and '(20 :characters) or
some such as options (where lines would be the default-text-style's
text-height [ascent + descent + leading] and :Characters would be the
width of a space, an em-dash, or [perhaps] a string from which to
compute width).

in allegro 4.2, clim2-beta, motif, I got a text-editor gadget which
was not tall enough to see the contents clearly. the height was either
computed poorly or has some internal mismatch between text-style and
pane-height. so I would like to be able to specify it more completely.

 -- clint

Clint Hyde		"Give me a LispM or give me death!" -- anonymous

Advanced Decision Systems/BAH	Internet:  chyde@chesapeake.ads.com
1953 Gallows Rd, Suite 600
Vienna, VA  22182-3934		(703) 902-7130

0,,