CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What *is* this thing [Mouse-Middle-Menu Weirdness]

> I'm running 4.2.beta2.0 in ACL on a SPARC.

I assume that you are using the motif version.

> When I click middle on an item in the menu-bar and hold, I get a little
> MAC-like icon that looks like a picture of a screen overlayed by two sheets
> of paper each with a corner folded down.
>
> The icon stays with my mouse as I move it around and when I release the
> mouse-button it lazer-lines-zaps back to menu-button.  (As nearly as I can
> tell each of the two sheets of paper and then the screen-image fly back
> seperately.)
>
> What on earth is this thing?  What does it do?
>
> (I can't find anything in the documentation that is of the remotest help.)

Mouse-middle in buttons and text fields invokes the motif 1.2 drag and drop
mechanism.  You can drag button labels and the contents of text fields to
other text fields.

You can turn if off with the following X resources:

clim*dragInitiatorProtocolStyle: DRAG_NONE
clim*dragReceiverProtocolStyle:	DRAG_NONE

-chris

Main Index | Thread Index