CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multiprocessing and multi windows

Hi,

A few weeks back I emailed to the group about how I could go about having
multiple windows active at the same time.  The only response I received
suggested using multiprocesses which I have tried but have come across
another problem.

Before I continue I'll just go over what I'm trying to do.  I have a number
of units on a window which I want to select and open up another window
which displays the units contents.  The problem is I need to then leave the
window open and go back and open another window and displays its contents and
so on.  I thought there should be a way to change the focus of the window
and but since nobody replied I assume I can't :-(

I now open up multiple windows using multiple processes but have a problem when
resizing the windows.  I have variables local to each procedure and when
clim tries to redraw the window it redraws it in what ever process is
currently active so that what is redrawn is the contents of another window
that is active or it crashes as its in the main (or initial) process and the
variables it needs are undefined.

ie when I resize the window it performs the redraw method within what ever
process is currently active and doesn't use the variables associated with
the right window.

So is there any way to obtain what window is being resized or another
way to go about it?

BTW I'm using Lucid Common Lisp 4.0 and Clim 1.1 on a SparcStation running
Open Windows.

Thanks

David