CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Drawing to undisplayed windows

I'm converting a CLIM 1.1 application (Symbolics Genera 8.2) to CLIM 2.0
(Genera 8.3). The application does a lot of drawing operations to application
panes in layouts when they are not being displayed. With CLIM 2.0 there is no
medium or port associated with undisplayed application panes, and no drawing
operations can be done. I've tried the with-sheet-medium macro, but this
does not work because the application pane also has no port, and when
I set the port slot to (find-port), an error concerning the mirror hierarchy
results. Is there anyway to do these background drawing operations?