CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output recording and presentations

   Date:	Mon, 11 Oct 1993 10:30:00 -0700
   From:	Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

       Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 12:16 EDT
       From: Brian Anderson 234-0878 <bha@ata.ca.boeing.com>

       CLIM2.0beta2
       ACL4.2beta2

       I have noticed that even though output recording is shutdown (using
       clim:with-output-recording-options to turn it off) calls to
       clim:with-output-as-presentation (and also
       clim:with-new-output-record) seem to still take affect.  Is this the
       way its supposed to be?  Or do I have to check with
       clim:stream-recording-p?  Isn't a presentation considered an output
       record and therefore should be affected by the status of output
       recording on the stream?

   WITH-OUTPUT-AS-PRESENTATION turns output recording back on for you,
   but I can't recall the reason why it does this.  I think it's probably
   a bug.

Me too.

Maybe you want to use with-output-to-output-record around your code,
which will record all the output records that get created to be
children of a new "disembodied" output record that doesn't become part
of the history unless you splice it in.

This is a useful tool, although I never before imagined this
particular use as a way to make sure you don't get any stray output
records in your history.