CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Motif menu-bar behavior.

      I wonder whether motif-CLIM should simply look for a pulldown menu
      labelled "Help" and set that up to be the RowColumnWidget's
      menuHelpWidget. Perhaps only if its the last one... in the menu
      definition..??

    Sounds like a good suggestion. This change won't make it in for 2.0 final,

NOOOOOOO!
Sorry, but this won't do any good for non-english UIs!

    but will instead be released as a patch. If anyone particularly needs this
    for beta2, let me know and I'll make up a beta2 patch.

    -----
    Colin Meldrum, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
    colin@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA 94704
    uunet!franz!colin (uucp)	Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253

*** Folks, please be aware that language customization is a very
*** important point for programming a UI and so for tools supporting it!!!

To be more constructive:

What about providing some special menu item which acts like a "filler",
i.e. it takes up all remaining space so that all items which follow the
filler are right-aligned? (of course this filler menu item would need
a presentation type associated with it).
The concept of filler menu items could also be used for "column type"
menus, for example a window which represents some tool bar and where some
items should be located at the bottom.

Stefan B.

;;; - Stefan Bernemann   (berni@iml.fhg.de)

Main Index | Thread Index