CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

:echo nil in presentation to command trans.

    Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 21:17 EST
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@neuromancer.scrc.symbolics.com>

	Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 17:27 EST
	From: Benjamin Renaud <benjamin@ai.mit.edu>

        <...>

	I also noticed that the command still goes to the output history,
	however, which causes the command to show up if one tries to get up
	the command history (ctrl-(meta)-y on Genera). I was wondering if
	maybe :echo nil should be changed to eliminate this, or if there is
	another way to do the trick.

    You discovered :ECHO NIL, but didn't discover :MAINTAIN-HISTORY NIL.

    Do I win any sort of bet for guessing that someone would ask for this sometime?

Well I have discovered :maintain-history nil as well. It's just that it
looks like it does not work. Did you bet on that one as well? ;-)

-Benjamin

PS: here is what is happening exactly:

(define-presentation-to-command-translator
  1survey-query-to-com-edit-query-inside-form
0    (survey-query 1com-edit-query-in0side1-form 0interface-command-table
	   :documentation "Edits a query within a form"
	   :gesture :select
	   :echo nil
	   :maintain-history nil)
    2(object0)
  `1(0,2object0))

The :echo seems to work, but :maintain-history does not seem to work.
If it matters at all: the survey-query presentation type is used within
a custom view (called INSIDE-FORM).

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index