CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

:echo nil in presentation to command trans.

    Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 10:35 EST
    From: Benjamin Renaud <benjamin@REAGAN.AI.MIT.EDU>

	Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 21:17 EST
	From: Scott McKay <SWM@neuromancer.scrc.symbolics.com>

	    Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 17:27 EST
	    From: Benjamin Renaud <benjamin@ai.mit.edu>

	    <...>

	    I also noticed that the command still goes to the output history,
	    however, which causes the command to show up if one tries to get up
	    the command history (ctrl-(meta)-y on Genera). I was wondering if
	    maybe :echo nil should be changed to eliminate this, or if there is
	    another way to do the trick.

	You discovered :ECHO NIL, but didn't discover :MAINTAIN-HISTORY NIL.

	Do I win any sort of bet for guessing that someone would ask for this sometime?

    Well I have discovered :maintain-history nil as well. It's just that it
    looks like it does not work. Did you bet on that one as well? ;-)

Hey, bummer!  I'll look at this.  Sorry about that.

    -Benjamin

    PS: here is what is happening exactly:

    (define-presentation-to-command-translator
      1survey-query-to-com-edit-query-inside-form
0	(survey-query 1com-edit-query-in0side1-form 0interface-command-table
	       :documentation "Edits a query within a form"
	       :gesture :select
	       :echo nil
	       :maintain-history nil)
	2(object0)
      `1(0,2object0))

    The :echo seems to work, but :maintain-history does not seem to work.
    If it matters at all: the survey-query presentation type is used within
    a custom view (called INSIDE-FORM).