CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multiple frames and activities

  Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 12:47 -0500
  From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

      Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 10:49 EST
      From: Frank Buhr <buhr@ki6.informatik.uni-hamburg.de>

	Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 12:43 -0500
	From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>

	CLIM-SYS:MAKE-PROCESS is portable.

	[...]
	There are also "activity frames" that do exactly this.  You should ask
	your support person at Franz about these.

      Are activity frames portable?

Activity frames are not currently part of the CLIM API, They are available
in Allegro CLIM 2.0 (from beta2 onwards) as an extension. But they have not
been documented. I plan to document activity frames at some point in the
future and would be happy for that documentation to be used as the basis of
an extension to the CLIM spec. That could then pave the way to making
activity frames portable across all CLIM implementations.

At the moment you can look in the CLIM 2.0 demo directory at the file
demo-activity.lisp for an example of their use.

  They only work in the Genera and Franz implementations.  You could, of
  course, nag the people at Franz to let the other Lisp vendors use the
  incredibly tiny amount of code it requires to implement activity frames.
  I myself am constrained not to give this code away.

-----
Colin Meldrum, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
colin@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA 94704
uunet!franz!colin (uucp)	Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index