CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Silly Drawing Questions

--> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 16:26:40 +0100
--> From: Rainer Joswig <rainer@ki6.informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
--> Subject: Silly Drawing Questions
-->
--> Hello there,
-->
--> I just played with some CLIM 2.0 (Genera 8.3) stuff.
-->
--> I have the following questions:
-->
--> If I have created a polygon object how do I draw it?
--> The obvious DRAW-POLYGON function (!) uses points as
--> arguments. So I could get the points of a polygon and draw
--> them with DRAW-POLYGON. But this is not what I want. There
--> should be a generic drawing function for graphical objects
--> like points, rectangles, ...

well, there are such drawing functions.  but "draw-polygon" doesn't seem
to have a method for a polygon instance.  hmm.  in fact, it appears that
NONE of the draw-XXX generics have methods to draw the name-matching
class. that does seem curious.

has anyone created such? or has CLIM been patched to include these
somewhere?

--> How can I check if a point is inside a polygon? There
--> is a function REGION-CONTAINS-REGION-P. This one
--> calls REGION-CONTAINS-POSITION-P. And for this
--> generic functions is no matching method available.
--> Isn't it implemented or am I too stupid?
-->

there are actually a couple of really cool algorithms for this. I
implemented at least one of them a few years ago. I have the code around
somewhere, I think. I don't know if the CLIM functions work for
oddly-shaped polygons; mine do.

 -- clint