CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Panes that are not in the current layout have no medium?

   Date: Mon, 14 Feb 94 14:21:14 CST
   From: lgm@iexist.att.com

   CLIM 2.0-beta on LispWorks 3.2.21-beta-4
   CLIM 2.0 on Allegro 4.2

   Apparently, in CLIM 2.0 (unlike in CLIM 1.1) a pane that is not listed
   in the frame's current pane layout has no medium.  Hence, one cannot
   draw any output on such a pane (or into its output history), even with
   the :DRAW output recording option set to NIL.  This seems a bit
   constraining.  It means that I cannot keep any hidden panes up to date
   via output recording.  Instead, whenever I write to such a pane I have
   to enclose it in a

   (when (clim:sheet-medium hidable-pane-stream) ...)

   and I must in some other way keep track of everything I want recorded
   on that pane.  Is this correct?

   An example is attached.  Invoke the Switch Layout command, then
   attempt to execute the Write Something command.

It is true that a pane not in the current layout might not have a
medium associated with it.  It is most definitely not easy to fix this
bug.  I don't have a good suggestion for you, I'm afraid.