CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM stream problem

    Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 07:28-0600
    From: "Steven L. Smith" <smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov>

    Situation:

    I'm running CLIM 2.0 under Genera 8.3. I created an application
    frame with a frame command that basically outputs an postscript file
    to on my Unix workstation (via NFS) and then executes a remote
    command to print the file (this is where the problem comes in).

    Problem:

    The remote print command

       (CP:EXECUTE-COMMAND "EXECUTE COMMAND" "icat" "lp temp.ps")

    prompts the user for a password before executing the command.
    However, if the command is executed from within the application
    frame, I get the error message stated below.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get Genera to print the file for you?

If not, the password check signals a condition of type
FS:LOGIN-REQUIRED.  You can catch it and do your own password prompting:

  (scl:condition-bind
    ((fs:login-required
       #'(lambda (c)
	   (sys:proceed c :password "username" "password"))))
    (CP:EXECUTE-COMMAND "EXECUTE COMMAND" "icat" "lp temp.ps"))

--David Gadbois